Stephen A. Moray
3528 N. Murray Ave., Shorewood, WI 53211 | 269.779.5627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MASTER OF ARTS IN HISTORY | 2018 (EXPECTED) | UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE
· Public History Specialization – Archives Track
MASTER OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE | 2018 (EXPECTED) | UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE
· Archival Studies Concentration
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | 2014 | MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
· Major: Anthropology (Archaeology Concentration)
· Minor: International Studies
· Magna Cum Laude
· Related coursework: Archaeology Field School, Historical Archaeology, Archaeological Sciences, Method and Theory of Archaeology, Experimental Archaeology, Material Culture (Graduate Level Course), Undergraduate Thesis in Archaeology: “Every Mine is an Island: Landscape Archaeology and GIS at Isle Royale’s Island Mine”
BACHELOR OF ARTS | 2014 | MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
· Major: Liberal Arts – History
· Magna Cum Laude
· Related coursework: Western Civilizations, American History, History of Europe, History of England, Copper Country History, History of Science and Technology, Historiography
ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIAN/GIS TECHNICIAN | TRC ENVIRONMENTAL CORPORATION | JUL 2014 – PRESENT
· Performed Phase 1 Archaeological Surveys including Shovel Testing, Pedestrian Survey, Shoreline Monitoring, and Excavation Units primarily across Wisconsin, but also in Texas and Louisiana.
· Created maps for archaeological reports using ArcMap GIS software.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIAN | AVD ARCHAEOLOGICAL SERVICES, INC. | SEP 2013 – PRESENT
· Performed Phase 1 Archaeological Surveys including Shovel Testing, Pedestrian Survey, Shoreline Monitoring, and Excavation Units across Wisconsin.
· Created maps for archaeological reports using DeLorme mapping software.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER | COPPER COUNTRY INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT | FEB 2013 – JUN 2013
· Instructed and supervised Elementary, Middle, and High School students in all subjects.
CULTURAL RESOURCE INTERN | ISLE ROYALE NATIONAL PARK | JUN 2011 – JUL 2011
· Performed Field Survey of both Historic and Prehistoric Cultural Sites, Performed Archaeological Photography, Created Digital Maps from Data Gathered in the Field, Gave Presentations to Park Visitors on Park History and Archaeology.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN | MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY | JUN 2009 – AUG 2011
· Cataloged archaeological artifacts collected from Ottawa National Forest using PastPerfect software.
· Monitored demolition and construction work at the Quincy and Torch Lake Railroad Engine House to safeguard significant architecture and artifacts.
· Helped perform Section 106: Phase 1 test excavations at Cliff Mine to determine the presence of culturally significant material before an environmental remediation project.
· Helped excavate/survey the abandoned Quincy and Torch Lake Railroad Engine House to determine its viability as a future museum site.
MANAGER | GOODRICH QUALITY THEATERS | FEB 2004 – JUN 2008
· Oversaw Daily Operation of Theater, Supervised Employees, Handled Money, Dealt with Customer Service, Maintained Theater Equipment, Interviewed/Hired Applicants, Created Employee Schedule, Ordered Theater Supplies.
· Great Lakes Research and Education Center (GLREC) Grant Recipient
· Social Science Department Scholar 2010
· Dean’s List
· Funding and Awards Chair, Blue Key National Honor Society
· Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
· Founding Member and Secretary, Michigan Tech Anthropology Club
· Section 106 Experience, Shovel Testing, Excavation, Pedestrian Survey, Total Station, Photography, GPS Experience, ArcGIS, DeLorme Mapping, PastPerfect, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.